Wednesday 22 February 2012

Different Approach



A couple of years ago I was faced with creating 3 24 board posters for the NHS. The posters were aimed at professional women to promote family planning clinics, in reality it was to promote abortion as a possibility.
Being male I found it quite a difficult concept to get my head around in a sensitive way towards women, I feel that I have taken the wrong approach so far in that a slightly flip approach has created ideas that are almost as offensive as the concept they are against. Trying to use Snow White fell into that category, unlike when Soona with the subject with freshness, my efforts are jaded.
The posters above were my final solution to the NHS brief using quotes I found from well known female comics, though I will not use comics I will broach the brief from a similar perspective as I used on these family planning posters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment